Since 1990, GBS has been the premier election supply company in the Midwest providing professional election services and supplies to over 100 election jurisdictions.
GBS is the result of a union of the former Frank Thornber Co. and Fidlar-Doubleday election supply companies. Our expertise covers a multitude of election systems and voting equipment that are currently being used in counties and municipalities in Illinois, Michigan and Indiana. Our staff consists of seasoned election veterans with an aggregate of over 250 years of election experience.
You should consider GBS as your election vendor because of...
- Our People: Our professional staff possesses an aggregate of over 250 years of practical, hands-on election experience
- Our Technical Knowledge: Our team is comprised of hardware and software specialists trained in all areas of voting system support
- Our Dedication: We operate as a full-time company 12 months out of the year and do not approach this business as a seasonal enterprise
- Our Coverage: We have a dedicated team of full-time account managers that live in strategic locations throughout the Midwest
- Our Partnerships: We are an authorized dealer of products and services for Hart InterCivic & Dominion Voting Systems
- Our Support: We have the capacity and aptitude to work with your election jurisdiction performing a multitude of tasks: voting system support, training, printing, programming, and more, all tailored to fit your needs
- Our Flexible Approach: We can configure an election event customized to meet your specific requests and budget requirements
- Our Inventory: We are well supplied in voting equipment and election supply inventory at all of our facilities
- Our Offices: We are staffed by full-time personnel in over 20,000 sq feet of dedicated office and warehouse space that are prepared to respond to your requests
GBS is a proud partner of Dominion Voting Systems.
ImageCast Precinct (ICP)
The ImageCast Precinct Ballot Counter is a precinct-based optical scan ballot tabulator that is used in conjunction with ImageCast compatible external ballot boxes. The system is designed to scan marked paper ballots, interpret voter marks on the paper ballot and safely store and tabulate each vote from each paper ballot. In addition, the ImageCast Precinct supports enhanced accessibility voting which may be accomplished via an Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) connected to the ImageCast unit. The ATI can also accept input from sip and puff and other personal assistive technologies.
ImageCast Evolution (ICE)
The Dominion Democracy Suite ImageCast Evolution system employs a precinct-level optical scan ballot counter (tabulator) in conjunction with an external ballot box. This tabulator is designed to mark and/or scan paper ballots, interpret voting marks, communicate these interpretations back to the voter (either visually through the integrated LCD display or audibly via integrated headphones), and upon the voter’s acceptance, deposit the ballots into the secure ballot box. The unit also features an Audio Tactile Interface (ATI) which permits voters who cannot negotiate a paper ballot to generate a synchronously human and machine-readable ballot from elector-input vote selections. The ATI can also accept input from sip and puff and other personal assistive technologies. In this sense, the ImageCast Evolution acts as a ballot marking device.
ImageCast Central (ICC)
The Dominion Democracy Suite ICC Ballot Counter system is a high-speed, central ballot scan tabulator based on Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) hardware, coupled with the custom-made ballot processing application software. It is used for high speed scanning and counting of paper ballots. Central scanning system hardware consists of a combination of two COTS devices used together to provide the required ballot scanning processing functionality.